Since 2000, Canuck Audio Mart (CAM) has become Canada’s LARGEST classified site for audio and Hi-Fi equipment. Plus it’s FREE to use! Canuck Audio Mart also has one of the largest communities for audio enthusiasts to share their knowledge, passion, and ultimately their treasured audio pieces.
With around 10,000 visitors per day and millions of page views per month, Canuck Audio Mart is THE site to buy, sell, and talk audio. As a free service from Canuck Audio Mart to you, anyone can browse through our classifieds list and talk to potential buyers and sellers. New ads get listed on Canuck Audio Mart every day, so it would not be surprising to see you here every day as well. You never know when the next great deal will show up!
Canuck Audio Mart Forums also boast a large user base where people discuss everything from general audio equipment, home theatre systems, DIY projects, etc…
For all those audio enthusiasts out there, Canuck Audio Mart is the place to be.
Used Audio, Used Stereo, and Other Goods
Canuck Audio Mart is the perfect place to find, buy, sell, and trade used audio, used stereo, used amplifiers, and other second hand or special deals. If you have any type of consumer audio or video related product, find the best category on the site and place an ad. You might especially be interested in finding:
Canuck Audio Mart only serves as a forum where buyers and sellers can meet up. Canuck Audio Mart is not in any way involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers. Buyers and sellers are completely responsible for working out any transactions that take place, and they are responsible for resolving any disputes. Canuck Audio Mart does not screen nor have control of users. Canuck Audio Mart also does not review, endorse, guarantee, or authenticate any of the ads placed on Canuck Audio Mart. Therefore, users should use care throughout their dealings. Users must also abide by any applicable laws, regulations or restrictions relating to transactions they participate in. Upon the completion of a sale, buyers and sellers must work out their own payment, shipping costs, applicable taxes and other costs when conducting a transaction on Canuck Audio Mart.
Canuck Audio Mart is to be used by Canadian residents only.Canuck Audio Mart reserves the right to refuse access to services to anyone sole discretion.
Account Addresses must be correct
Your account address must always be accurate on Canuck Audio Mart’s website . This is an anti-fraud measure and a requirement of using Canuck Audio Mart. Moderators check to make sure users are accessing the site from locations that appear to match the general area of their account address, and will deactivate accounts which are being used from locations deemed to be completely different from the listed address. Many scammers and fraudulent users try to pass off their location as being somewhere they are not, hence this requirement is for the protection of the entire community.
Using Proxies, Fake IPs and Multiple Identities is forbidden
Please access Canuck Audio Mart using one single user account only. You should also only access the site using the IP given to you by your ISP (or if accessing from work, the IP given to you by your office network). Do not use Anonymous Proxy services or other services that may mask your IP and location. If your account is found to be using such services it will be terminated. If your account is posting classifieds or responses from an IP that does not match your account address, it will be terminated. Canuck Audio Mart has no tolerance for fraudsters and suspicious users who attempt to hide their location, ISP, or identity from Moderators.
Account Information and Password:
Any activities and information you provide under your account including the password you choose to utilize is your sole responsibility to protect. You cannot use your or other users’ account or password for any unauthorized purpose. Canuck Audio Mart is not liable for any activities that happen in your account.
Casual Hobbyists, Commercial Users and Using the site for profit:
The service provided by Canuck Audio Mart is free for casual hobbyists buying and selling items for their personal use. Hobbyist users who regularly have to buy and sell items for personal use above the Free user levels can upgrade to a Premium or Premium+ user accounts. Commercial businesses, companies such as Dealers/Manufacturers/Distributors, or individuals who are buying or selling for a profit or attempting to buy and sell for profit or operating like a business on the site must have a Commercial/Dealer account. Click here to view the “How to Become a Dealer” section and “How to Become a Premium user” section.
Rules for the Seller:
- Comply with any applicable laws or regulations.
- Any information provided to Canuck Audio Mart and any users of Canuck Audio Mart (i.e. personal and ad-related) must be clear, accurate, and up-to-date. Information should not be misleading or fraudulent.
- Content in ads NOT allowed include:
- Many Keywords which do not relate to the item. This is considered a Keyword Spam. It negatively impacts the site search functionality. Ads found to contain keyword spamming will be banned without notice.
- Material that is obscene, offensive, harmful to minors, and invades one’s privacy
- Images belonging to another user’s listing on Canuck Audio Mart or any other marketplace
- External links or information regarding other sites that compete with Canuck Audio Mart (as determined by Canuck Audio Mart)
- External links to sites that solicit information, or participate in activities such as scams or fraud.
- You may only post audio-related products.
- You must already have the rights to and possess the item you currently put up for sale.
- The item for sale must be placed in the most appropriate category and must in general be appropriate for the site. Canuck Audio Mart reserves the right to relocate an ad if we believe it is in an inappropriate category, or ban the ad if it is inappropriate for the site itself.
- Do not post an ad for an item more than once in the same category, or in different categories.
Violation of the aforementioned rules will result in the ad being discarded or modified and the user being banned from Canuck Audio Mart at our discretion.
Rules for the Buyer:
- Comply with any applicable laws or regulations.
- Personal information and any other information provided while corresponding with sellers must be accurate, must avoid ambiguity, cannot be misleading, and be up-to-date.
- The reply system is to be used to ask direct questions about the item for sale or to make offers to buy/sell. Do not reply to ads if all you want to do is negatively comment on the item/price/seller or offer unsolicited advice. Users who wish to improve the ad should instead use the “Report” system to alert moderators, who may then help the seller improve their ad. Users who continually abuse the response system will lose their account privileges.
Rules for Commercial and Dealer accounts:
- All the rules that apply to Buyers and Sellers apply to Commercial accounts and Dealers
- Do not post press releases or “coming soon” items (these can be posted in the Dealer forum)
- Classifieds posts should advertise “deals”, such as an item discounted from it’s regular selling price due to a limited time promotional offer, demo pricing, or being a used trade-in item. In the case of promotional offers or demos, dealers must make it clear what the original price of the goods was.
- After one warning, moderators will ban ads which should be forum press releases
- Commercial and Dealer users who wish to sell personal items MUST do so on a separate PAID Premium User account. This is the only time a user is allowed to use more than one account on the site.
- Dealers and Distributors who are selling BNIB or claimed “new” items for which they are not Authorized Dealers must make it clear in the ad that they are not Authorized dealers of the brand, and whether the items sold as such are covered under the brand’s warranty. Unauthorized Dealers may not use any official photos, logos, and sales literature in their listings.
Violation of the aforementioned rules will result in the user being banned from Canuck Audio Mart at our discretion.
As a buyer, you’re free to browse through any of the ads on this site. If you are interested in an item, you can respond to the ad by contacting the buyer directly through email using our site. From there, the buyer and seller will communicate through email or other forms at their own will. Canuck Audio Mart only serves to facilitate the initiation of the negotiation process. We are not responsible for anything that happens beyond that point.
Access and Account Bans:
Canuck Audio Mart and its operators reserve the right to ban users and refuse access to anyone they deem is not abiding by our rules or is generally disruptive, fraudulent, dishonest, and/or undesirable. The site operators and moderators are the final authority on banning users.
Copyright and Trademark:
All content and compilation of the content of this site is the property of Canuck Audio Mart, and is protected by the Canadian and international copyright and trademark laws.
User Submitted Personal Information
If any disputes occur between Buyer and Seller relating to a transaction that took place on our site, or relating to any transaction which was first initiated via contact on our site or which was initiated through information listed on our site such as found in a classified listing, Private Message, or Forum Post, then you accept that Moderators and Site Staff may decide, at their sole discretion and based on reasonable circumstances, to facilitate a Buyer or Seller’s dispute process by providing either party with contact information for the other party so that they may resolve their dispute in the best avenue and method available to either party.
User Submitted Content Copyright and Usage rights
As part of the normal operation of the site, users may submit content in the form of classified ads, photos, forum posts, user reviews, and comments. If you use the site, you agree that posting such content grants Canuck Audio Mart the right to display, disseminate, and use the information and images as it sees fit for the normal operation and marketing of the site and its features. In addition, the text written within any classfieds or auctions, user reviews, forum posts, and other original content submitted to the site become the property of Canuck Audio Mart and Canuck Digital Media Inc, and is protected by Copyright.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability:
Canuck Audio Mart and its operators try to keep the site safe and secure, but we cannot guarantee the safety, operation, or access of the site at all times. You agree that you are using the site and its services at your own risk, and that the information and services are provided to you “as is”.
There are no express or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for use or sale.
By using our services you agree that Canuck Audio Mart and its operators, agents, owners, and employees are not liable for damages or losses as a result of using the site and its services.
Despite the above, if we are found liable, our liability to you or any third party is limited to the greater of a) any fees we may have charged you for the usage of our services not exceeding the fees paid to us in the 12 months preceding the dispute b) $50.
If you have a dispute with other users, on or off the site, whether or not arising from the use of Canuck Audio Mart, or our services, or as a result of transactions initiated through the site, you release us (the site, its operators, owners, agents, and employees) from claims, damages, or other demands arising or connected to the dispute.
You will indemnify us and hold us (including the site, its operators, owners, agents and employees) harmless from any claim or demand made by any third party due to your breach of this Agreement, improper use of the site or its services, or breach of any law or the rights of another party.
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid, void, or for some reason unenforceable, it will be struck out and the remainder of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid, void, or for some reason unenforceable, it will be struck out and the remainder of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
If you see a user/listing that violates the rules of this Policy, please notify us immediately through the “Report Ad” link of the listing.
Contact Canuck Audio Mart:
Canuck Digital Media Inc.
PO Box 27531
Oak Street PO
Vancouver, BC, Canada